- Granola can be loaded with healthy ingredients including oats, nuts, seeds and dried fruit, which deliver important nutrients such as protein, iron, heart-healthy fats and fiber.
- However, often times mass-market granolas contain high amounts of sugar. If you are watching sugars, carbs or calories, your best bet is to limit your portions of granola, and buy from smaller, specialty granola companies.
- Nuts are loaded with vitamins and minerals and have healthy doses of protein, ﬁber, and anti-inﬂammatory properties. Nuts are naturally low in sugar.
- Granola is the perfect snack for a quick boost of energy without that dreaded sugar crash, and we are proud to offer low sugar granola options and low carb granola options.
- Dietitians agree that a quarter of a cup is a good guideline. Your best bet is to look for granola that has minimal amounts of added sugar.
True North Granola Nutrition Facts
Serving sizes are 1/4 cup, or about 28 grams.
- Calories range from 120 – 170 per serving
- Total fat ranges from 6 to 15 grams per serving
- Total carbs ranges from 5 to 18 grams per serving
- Total sugar ranges from 1 to 5 grams per serving
- Added sugars ranges from 0 to 3 grams per serving
- Protein ranges from 3 to 5 grams per serving
Eaten in moderation, True North Granola will not cause one to gain weight. Our granola includes whole grain oats, healthy seeds, nuts, and dried fruits. Our ingredients are either organic or all-natural–they come to us not having been processed in any way. We do not use additives, chemicals, or preservatives. Our ingredients are also all NON-GMO. We also offer gluten free granola options.
Most of which are included in the category of ‘Superfoods’. Superfoods are nutrient rich and help to improve one’s immune system. They also provide vitamins and minerals that are essential to well-being. The remaining sugar is what is naturally occurring in each ingredient.
Most of our granola has less than 2g added sugars (5% daily value), and we use Vermont Maple Syrup as our primary sweetener, which has a number of health benefits itself. Total sugar is a bit misleading. Customers can look at the ‘added sugar’ statement on the nutritional panel to see what we are adding to the mix.
Granola Nutrition Facts Per Serving
(1/4 cup or 28 grams)
|VARIETY||CALORIES||TOTAL FAT||TOTAL CARB||TOTAL SUGAR||ADDED SUGARS||PROTEIN||SODIUM||FIBER|
|Maple Vanilla GF||120||6g||15g||4g||3g||3g||35mg||2g|
|Maple Vanilla Orig||120||6g||15g||4g||3g||3g||35mg||2g|
|Original NNG||160||14g||6g||3g||2g||4g||30 mg||2g|
|Mediterranean NNG||180||16g||5g||1g||0g||5g||105 mg||5g|
|Blueberry NNG||160||13g||8g||4g||2g||4g||35 mg||2g|
|Cranberry NNG||160||13g||8g||4g||2g||4g||40 mg||2g|