By Kate Springer
How can I make bubble tea with granola?
We gave you the scoop on bubble tea with granola recently, but left out an important part: how to make it. Follow the instructions below, adapted from a Tasty recipe by Frank Tiu, to mix up this refreshing drink.
Bubble Tea with Granola
For the black tea
– 2 cups water
– 6 black tea bags (or your tea of choice)
For the tapioca pearls and the brown sugar syrup
– 2 cups brown sugar (or sweetener of choice)
– 1 cup hot water
For the whole drink
– ½ cup cooked tapioca pearls
– ½ cup ice
– Brown sugar syrup, for added sweetness
– 1 cup chilled black tea
– ¼ cup half and half or nondairy creamer
– Your go-to type of True North Granola
Also helpful to have
– 2 wide straws
– 2 cups
1. Combine the water and tea bags in a medium pot over high heat. Once they’re brought to a boil, remove the pan from the heat until the tea cools to about room temperature.
2. Bring a medium pot to boil over high heat. After the water boils, add the tapioca pearls and boil them until softened, which should take about 20 minutes.
3. Drain the pearls through a strainer. Put the strainer over a large bowl before adding the brown sugar and pouring the hot water over it.
4. Stir the brown sugar until it’s dissolved. This will create the brown sugar syrup. Soak the tapioca pearls in the syrup for 30 minutes.
5. Store the tapioca pearls and brown sugar syrup in separate containers until you’re ready to mix up a bubble tea.
6. To assemble bubble tea, divide the pearls and ice in half, then add the brown sugar syrup, followed by the tea and creamer.
8. Enjoy your bubble tea!
What are some ways I can enjoy bubble tea with granola? Any suggested combinations?
If you love the idea of bubble tea with granola, but aren’t sure how to enjoy it, check out these suggested pairings for a tasty drink.
Sweet: Milk tea + tapioca pearls + custard pudding + Choco Granola
Savory: Milk tea + coffee popping bubbles + Nutty No Grainer Mediterranean
Don’t have time to make bubble tea with granola yourself?
Visit a shop that sells bubble tea and bring your favorite granola to sprinkle on top. Or, even better, suggest that the shop starts carrying our products as a topping option! They can get granola bulk bags so there will be plenty to enjoy. Go ahead, give bubble tea a try, and let us know what you think!