Adding a small amount of granola to pancakes gives them a nice little added crunch! You can add granola to any pancake recipe, but here’s a quick and easy one that we really like!
Items You will need:
- 1 cup Pancake Mix (we used Maple Grove Farms of Vermont’s All Natural Buttermilk & Honey Pancake Mix)
- 2 tbsp low-fat or non-fat Yogurt (you can use 1 tbsp of oil and 1 egg instead)
- 1/2 Banana (optional)
- 1/2 cup Blueberries (fresh or frozen, optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp Granola (we used the True North Go Nuts Granola)
1. Preheat Griddle to 375-400 degrees
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together water, yogurt, banana, and vanilla extract
3. Slowly add in Pancake Mix while continuing to whisk
4. Mix in Blueberries and 2 tbsp of Granola
5. Pour 1/4 cup portions of mix onto griddle, flip once the air pockets no longer fill in. Cook 3-4 minutes more after flipping, checking regularly to make sure they don’t burn.
6. That’s it! Serve with Vermont Maple Syrup!
Makes 4-6, 4″ pancakes
Enjoy and let us know what you think!