By Kate Springer
Photos and inspiration for this piece from Clare Barboza
Our professional photographer and food stylist, Clare Barboza, recently sent us photos of her must-eat summer granola treats. We thought they were too good not to share, so we will be doing so over a few blog posts. Recipes to make the dishes yourself will also be included.
Granola-Topped Chocolate Pudding
Simply take chocolate pudding, store-bought or your own, and top it with your favorite flavor of True North Granola. Our Choco Granola goes great with chocolate pudding!
Looking for a way to make your own frozen treats, or use up extra bananas? These Chocolate-Dipped Bananas are flavorful and filling.
-12 oz. chocolate chips
-2 tablespoons of oil, coconut works well
-3 ripe bananas
-About 3 cups toppings, such as granola, nuts, coconut and sprinkles
1. Put each topping in its own bowl. Line a cookie sheet or container with parchment paper on which to set the bananas.
2. Put the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt the chocolate in 15-second increments, until mostly smooth. Stir the chocolate to get rid of any chunks.
3. While the chocolate melts, take a minute to slice bananas about ½ inch thick. Once the chocolate is melted, add the oil to thin it.
4. Working quickly, dip each banana slice into the chocolate and toppings Transfer to the parchment paper.
5. Freeze the bananas for at least 6 hours to make sure the treats are solid. Take some out and enjoy on a hot day.
*The Chocolate-Dipped Bananas were inspired by this recipe.
Get your chocolate fix in when you make these recipes. Just make sure to keep them in the fridge and freezer so they do not melt!
Did you make one of these recipes? Share your pictures, and your own recipe ideas featuring True North Granola, on Facebook and Twitter.
Cooking with True North Granola is easier with bulk bags. You can use some granola in recipes, and freeze the rest to nibble on throughout the year. Our bulk granolas are 10% off all month, just use the code “August 18” at checkout.