By Kate Springer
Ever wonder what to do with granola? A lot of people use it as a breakfast cereal, or on top of yogurt, but there are many additional ways in which granola can be used. We’ve updated this old blog post that’s dedicated to listing some tips for how to use granola. Check out the ideas below for some inspiration on how to enjoy granola for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and snack!
- Add some granola to your breakfast cereal bowl for some extra crunch.
- Top off your yogurt with a sprinkling of your favorite granola.
- Our Oats So Good Muesli tastes even better with Nutty No Grainer!
- Stir some granola into pancake batter for an interesting take on the breakfast classic. Our Granola Blues Granola goes great with blueberry pancakes!
- Coat French toast with our original Maple-Vanilla Granola, or use theorganic version.
- For some extra dimension, add granola to your next smoothie bowl.
- Sprinkle your toast with granola. Peanut butter or chocolate-hazelnut spread toast goes great with Chocolate Granola.
- Toss in some granola with your oatmeal.
Granola with Lunch
- Try Nutty No Grainer Original on top of a salad.
- Make chicken tenders with Nutty No Grainer Original instead of breadcrumbs or batter. For a more savory take, use our Nutty No Grainer Mediterranean Blend.
- Add Maple-Vanilla Granola to meatballs, meatloaf or hamburgers to add texture.
- Granola or nut blends, such as our Nutty No Grainer, works as a topping on cottage cheese. Add some fruit for a sweet and savory taste.
Dinners that Feature Granola
- Top baked apples with Apple Cinnamon Granola, and pears with rosemary and Maple-Vanilla Granola.
- Give roasted yams a touch of crunch with some Ginger Granola. Or, add any of our granolas to sweet potato crumble for additional flavor.
- Top roasted vegetables with Pumpkin Granola or Go Nuts Granola.
- Substitute breadcrumbs in stuffing for granola.
- Croutons can be replaced with granola for an innovative soup topping.
Desserts with Granola
- Enjoy granola-topped ice cream on nights when you crave a cool treat.
- No yogurt parfait is complete without fruit and granola! If you like this mixture, try making frozen yogurt bites by mixing yogurt, granola and berries together into small clusters. Freeze and eat. As an alternative, make yogurt pops out of fruit and yogurt, and coat them with granola.
- Berry crisp gets a leg up with granola. Apple crisp tastes great with Apple Cinnamon Granola, while blueberry works with Nutty No Grainer with Blueberries or Granola Blues Granola. If you prefer a more traditional take, just about any crisp works with our Maple-Vanilla Granola, Nuts & Flax Granola or Ginger Granola.
- Put granola on top of pies, cakes, cupcakes and cheesecakes for visual interest.
- Chocolate bark is even more flavorful when mixed with our granola. For chocolate-cherry bark, add in Cherry Vanilla Pecan Granola. Nutty No Grainer with Cranberries also works well.
- Add granola to chia seed pudding for added substance.
- Roll strawberries or bananas in nut butter (or a nut-free substitute) and top with Chocolate Granola for a sweet treat.
- Jazz up a pudding cup with your granola of choice.
- Top baked fruit, such as apples, with a generous handful of granola.
- Mix granola into muffin, brownie or cake batter.
- Whip up some delicious granola-chocolate chip cookies with our mix.
- Place granola on top of your go-to smoothie.
- Make granola bars out of ingredients such as honey, peanut butter, chocolate chips and dried fruit. Be sure to use your favorite type of granola! For some tropical flavor, try using Coconut Granola, which is available in both original and organic versions. Those looking for a unique taste might want to reach for our First Date Granola, which has no added sugar.
- Energy bites are great for days on the go: just mix up granola, sweetener and nut butter, and form the mixture into balls. Refrigerate, and then simply grab and go.
- Add granola to your trail mix the next time you need to refuel on an outdoor adventure.
- Take our snack packs with you on busy days. They’re available for all of our granolas, so stock up on your favorites.
- Make a pretty parfait in a mason jar by alternating layers of yogurt, fruit and granola.
- Coat pretzel sticks in frosting or nut butter. Drizzle melted chocolate over that layer. Roll the pretzels in granola. Our Coconut Granola or our Chocolate Granola works well for this.
- Top apple slices with nut butter and granola, such as our Apple Cinnamon Granola.
We hope you enjoy these ideas for different ways to use granola. Be sure to share any other tips, plus photos of how you eat your granola, with us on social media, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks to Clare Barboza for the wonderful photos!